[77613] trunk/dports/textproc/doxygen/Portfile

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Apr 25 08:46:52 PDT 2011

On 2011-04-25 16:43 , Jeff Johnson wrote:
> You might want to think through what "build" policy SHOULD apply
> if/when you attempt binary packaging. There are many reasons for
> rebuilding and version bumps and metadata dependency adjustments
> involved with packaging.

I guess if we want to ship binaries we would have to revise a lot of
other things in regards of revision bumps. For example, there will be a
new policy for soname/compatibility version changes as that would
require new ports (or subports, slots, etc.) to avoid breaking existing
binaries.

Such things would be handled different in a source or a binary
distribution. So by the time we are able to produce binaries we will
come to the point where we will have to decide if we want to distribute
binaries only or keep source based installs.

Rainer