Making a portfile from a cmake based project

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Feb 27 12:26:09 PST 2016

On Feb 27, 2016, at 11:13, Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

>> 425cc98f9140885966ce17c1d1
>> depends_lib        port:speex-devel
>
> I was unable to use that because I already had "speex" installed. I
> removed -devel and it seemed to work.

If both work, a path: dependency should be used to allow either.

>> OK.
>> Added a github.tarball_from releases command as there is a release on
>> github.
>
> I'm not sure when this is needed.

If the project's developers provide a release download, it should be used. This project's developers don't, so it cannot be used here.

>> variant with_tests description {Build tests suite} {
>>  configure.args-append -DENABLE_TESTS=ON
>> }

Variant names should not begin with words like "with" or "without" or "no".

Does building the test suite really need to be a variant? How long does it take?

> As far as the tests are concerned: MacPorts offers some functionality
> to run the tests (like "sudo port test libebur128"), but I would have
> to check how to properly implement that.

test.run yes

And change test.target if necessary.