How to handle MacPorts' handles in the future (including the email address connected to it)??

Marko Käning mk-macports at posteo.net
Tue Nov 1 12:27:37 PDT 2016

Hi folks,

Mojca was addressing the email and MacPorts handle issue in thread

	“[macports-ports] branch master updated: berkeleygw: Remove svn $Id$ line.”

which brings me to the point, that this in in fact a bit of an long standing annoyance for me.

On 01 Nov 2016, at 19:42 , Mojca Miklavec <mojca at macports.org> wrote:

> Many committers now have two different usernames, one MacPorts handle
> and one GitHub account.

I’d actually be happier if I had my - up to now - MacPorts handle (mk) also for the future… :)

But ok, I guess I’ll have to apply at admin at macports.org for a new handle then, being mkae at macports.org, right?

The only problem with all this is, that I then have to ask my good old friend Brad (pixilla) to create that user mkae on his mail server (which can handle address rewriting).

Yet, I’d appreciate if macports.org would have this email service included!

Well, as an alternative I could go through my own email provider, but they have special requirements for such address rewriting and I wonder whether at least those could be fulfilled by macports.org - in case it is absolutely impossible to get an email address at MacPorts’ IMAP server directly.

What can be done about this whole subject in the future?

Best regards,
Marko