Build Machine(s) & Java

Mohamed Issa mohamed.issa at tfmnet.com
Mon Jul 3 18:29:24 UTC 2017

When the Bazel port was committed, a number of build jobs failed. A link to each one is listed below.

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.8_x86_64_legacy-watcher/builds/7383

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.10_x86_64-watcher/builds/7380

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.9_x86_64-watcher/builds/7386

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.7_x86_64_legacy-watcher/builds/7414

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.11_x86_64-watcher/builds/7381

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.12_x86_64-watcher/builds/6290

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_x86_64_legacy-watcher/builds/7376

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_i386_legacy-watcher/builds/7403

https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.5_ppc_legacy-watcher/builds/6553

In all the stdio logs, I saw the following:

---> Fetching distfiles for bazel DEBUG: elevating privileges for fetch: euid changed to 0, egid changed to 0. DEBUG: dropping privileges: euid changed to 502, egid changed to 501. DEBUG: Executing proc-pre-org.macports.fetch-fetch-0 Error: Failed to fetch bazel: No Java runtime present, requesting install. 2017-07-02 23:43:19.319 javac[76407:707] JLRequestRuntimeInstall: Error calling: CFMessagePortCreateRemote child process exited abnormally DEBUG: Error code: NONE DEBUG: Backtrace: No Java runtime present, requesting install. 2017-07-02 23:43:19.319 javac[76407:707] JLRequestRuntimeInstall: Error calling: CFMessagePortCreateRemote child process exited abnormally while executing "$pre $targetname" Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_bblocal_var_buildworker_ports_build_ports_devel_bazel/bazel/main.log for details. Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug. Error: Processing of port bazel failed Build of 'bazel' failed. ./mpbb/mpbb: error: `install-port' failed to run successfully program finished with exit code 1

I'm guessing this was triggered by the pre-fetch phase of the port installation because there is a call to "javac" there via the "auto_execok" Tcl command.

Do the build machines have Java installed? As it stands right now, any changes to the Bazel port (or others like it) will cause build failures. So I'm wondering what can be done to avoid that.

Regards,

Mohamed