[GSoC] migration

Umesh Singla umeshksingla at macports.org
Wed Jul 26 22:40:54 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 7:26 AM, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:

> On 2017-7-21 08:22 , Umesh Singla wrote:
>
>>     > When we install, is it fine to use [mportexec $workername
>> $install_target] from migrate.tcl?
>>
>>     I’m sorry, I don’t know base well enough to answer this. Can you
>>     please ask Clemens or Josh?
>>

>> @Clemens @Josh, can you clarify this?
>>

> If that's running in the same interpreter as port.tcl and macports.tcl,
> then yes.

Thanks again.

For now, I'd like to ask in what order does "registry::entry imaged"
>> returns the port list? Because I'm running the sorting function which the
>> restore_ports.tcl uses but it's giving me the ports in the same order as
>> result.
>>

> Probably just ordered by rowid, i.e. might as well be random. Note that
> the sort_ports proc from restore_ports.tcl does not take a list of registry
> references like registry::entry returns, but a list of strings representing
> port names, versions and variants in the format generated by 'port
> installed'.

I have a question, might be stupid but seems to confuse me for more than
the required time. Does the order of ports (in a portlist) followed while
uninstalling all of them be same as while installing them? I'm trying to
imagine a tree-based structure here but not quite getting the picture.

I mean, does the order even matter when we want to uninstall of them?

- Umesh