buildbot: +quartz ?

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at macports.org
Sat Mar 4 02:51:12 UTC 2017

I know that we would like to find a clean solution to building ports with non-default variants.  As an interim step, however, I wonder if we might consider a buildbot that is configured to default to “+quartz”?

It seems to me that X11/Quartz is one of the most common splits amongst our ports.  Some support both simultaneously but, with quite a few, they are conflicting variants.  If we had a buidbot that defaulted to +quartz, that would seem to permit test builds on a fair number of ports.  Even a single OS version (Sierra?) would be better than not having any coverage.

It think that this would be a relatively simple way to improve our buildbot coverage while a better long-term solution is sought.

Craig
(Second attempt to send; copying lists.macosforge.org address)