Multitouch gestures for wxWidgets (request for review)

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Nov 1 05:06:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

This is slightly off-topic, but hopefully not too much.

In the past I submitted a number of tickets upstream to wxWidgets
developers, often getting no response for years.

During the GSOC mentor meeting I met the main developer and now
suddenly most of those old tickets got addressed :) :) :)

One of the features I really missed since the introduction of the new
trackpad many years back (probably around introduction of Lion) was
support for multitouch gestures.

It happens that someone worked on that during the GSOC 2017 project,
while there are no real Mac expects in the team.

If anyone is willing to help review the code for multitouch support
(which could in turn benefit many wxWidgets-based software), the
upstream would be grateful:

    https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/551

Mojca