[macports-ports] branch master updated: cmake: require C++11 for both release and devel.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Nov 7 03:13:48 UTC 2017

On Oct 18, 2017, at 06:25, Michael Dickens wrote:

> Michael Dickens (michaelld) pushed a commit to branch master
> in repository macports-ports.
>

> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/commit/c8d94a92cb1d690a3dc052ff1ed7c0107af9b32a
>
> The following commit(s) were added to refs/heads/master by this push:
>
>      new c8d94a9  cmake: require C++11 for both release and devel.
>
> c8d94a9 is described below
>

> commit c8d94a92cb1d690a3dc052ff1ed7c0107af9b32a
>
> Author: Michael Dickens <michaelld at macports.org>
> AuthorDate: Wed Oct 18 07:25:19 2017 -0400
>

>     cmake: require C++11 for both release and devel.

Wow, this really sucks. It means that on Mountain Lion and earlier, cmake now depends on clang-5.0, clang-4.0, clang-3.9, clang-3.8, and clang-3.7, and on Lion and earlier, also clang-3.4. It also says all compilers are blacklisted so I'm not sure if it builds. Judging by the fact that binary packages were only produced for Mavericks and later, I'm guessing it does not build on earlier systems.

cmake is in the dependency chain of the ports needed for the buildbot worker infrastructure, which I'm just in the process of updating and discovering this problem. Not to mention lots of other ports that heretofore built successfully with libstdc++. Assuming cmake 3.9.5 does not build on systems with libstdc++, maybe you could have the port drop back to cmake 3.9.4 on those systems.

Actually, I can't find the "The C++ compiler does not support C++11" message in 3.9.5. Are you sure it requires C++11? If it does not, please revert the above commit.