check for os and xcode version

Helmut K. C. Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Fri Oct 6 06:33:46 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-06 02:18, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> I see Jason's report that tmux says "lost server" on macOS 10.12.6 with Xcode 9 if any config file is used. If merely launching tmux is what's exhibiting that problem for Jason, then I can't reproduce that.

But the report also says he does not see this behaviour with Xcode 7 and
10.11.
I don't have Xcode 9 nor OSX > 10.11, thus I can't test nor reproduce it.

For me it looked like that this error only happened with Xcode 9 and OSX
> 10.11.

Everything works fine on my current setup with Xcode 8.2.1 and 10.11.6.

> There's a reply from Nicholas that it "seems most likely to be a bug in fparseln on your platform". If that's true, then someone should report it to Apple, but it might be worthwhile for the developers to try to reproduce and analyze the problem themselves a bit first.

Yes, it could also be a bug in fparseln on OSX > 10.11.

I guess I will have to wait until people open a bug against tmux in
macports.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0xF7832007C11F128D
Key fingerprint = 28A3 1666 4FE8 D72C CFD5 8B23 F783 2007 C11F 128D

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/