Dealing with False Positive during Livecheck

Jackson Isaac ijackson at macports.org
Wed Apr 11 05:55:16 UTC 2018

Hi,

Recently I took upon a journey to try to update ports
which are tagged as 'nomaintainer' and noticed that
some of the ports give out false positives during livecheck.

This is due to the reason that upstream decided to tag a
newer version without actually updating the code / tarball.
Also the upstream seem to be inactive since the last changes
were made >5 years ago.

Few of the ports that I have noticed till now are:
1. aacgain
2. chemtool

I will be updating the list and probably put it up on wiki, so that in future
we don't spend time looking for the updated tarballs.

Feel free to add ports which you might have also encountered.

P.S: I didn't check the archives to see if this topic was discussed previously.

--
Jackson Isaac