How do I add something to our GitHub checklist?

Zero King l2dy at macports.org
Mon May 7 12:58:04 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 08:41:30AM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>When pull requests come in, users are asked to fill out a short
>checklist. I'd like to add a reminder to squash your commits into it
>-- this has become a frequent issue with pull requests from new
>contributors.

I think we should consider enabling squash merging in our repo instead,
squashing commits is not an easy task for git beginners. Also if the PR
allows edits from maintainers (enabled by default), we can force push
and update that PR ourselves.

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/.github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md

--
Zero