altivec compiler

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 17:19:13 UTC 2018

all the standard MacPorts compilers (gcc versions, clang versions) support the -faltivec flag.

This flag is only useful on PowerPC systems, which I would be surprised if you were targeting. Is that the system you're after? The fact that it's still in the config suggests this is a very old piece of software.

BTW, for practical purposes, only gcc versions offer useful PowerPC code generation at present.