icu is old

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 20 05:19:47 UTC 2018

On Oct 19, 2018, at 20:02, Ken Cunningham wrote:

> I have another port that I can't update due to a too-old icu (mozjs60).
>
> I think we're going to have to find some way to update icu. If we need a non-c++11 version, I guess we'll have to make that as a separate port perhaps.

I don't know at this point that we would need a separate port for pre-C++11 systems. All I said in the PR was that one of the ports I tried to compile failed to do so after I tried updating icu. There may well be a simple solution for whatever the problem was.

I'm not working on updating icu right now. If you want to revisit the PR and address the issues discussed there, be my guest.