Ports tree setup for development

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 6 20:09:29 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a complete clone of the port tree, but just under my regular user account.

Oberon ~/Projects/MacPorts/ports > git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

nothing to commit, working tree clean

then, in your macports sources.conf, just point it at this area as your new default.

> tail -4 /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf
# If an rsync URL points to a .tar file, a signed .rmd160 must exist next to
# it on the server and will be used to verify its integrity.
#rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
file:///Users/chris/Projects/MacPorts/ports [default]

thats it. everything is automatic after that. ‘sudo port sync’ updates that area, as your regular user.

Regarding the git slowness though, no, I do not see anything like that. You are going to have to provide more details on what exactly you mean.

Chris