GSoC 2019 : No idea about Macports

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Wed Mar 6 17:27:01 UTC 2019

Greetings.

Welcome to the MacPorts project.

Learning Tcl should not be too difficult, especially since you are already familiar with other languages.
The GSoC website has a link to a Tcl tutorial: https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SummerOfCode#Whatyoushoulddobeforehandinginanapplication

I have a few questions.
Do you own a Mac?
Have you used MacPorts before?

Do you have any particular interest areas?
For example, are you interested in improving MacPorts itself (the base code)?
Are you interested in improving a current port?
Are you interest in brining new software to MacPorts?

The GSoC ideas do assume some level of familiarity with MacPorts.
If you haven’t already, you might want to install MacPorts and install a few ports (following https://www.macports.org/install.php and https://guide.macports.org).

-Marcus