removal of cxx11 PG and pre-snowleopard systems having some issues

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 02:40:43 UTC 2019

I saw the same in a dozen or so ports.

It seems, at first glance, that when *gcc-3.* and *gcc-4.* are blacklisted, the fallback on PowerPC does not go to gcc-6 or gcc-7, but through to the clang chain.

compiler.fallback-prepend macports-gcc-6 macports-gcc-7

in the Portfiles seems to fix it *manually* of course, although that clearly is NO SOLUTION obviously.

My Leopard PPC system is just about done rebuilding — I manually forced the broken ports to gcc-6 — and then will see if I can help figure out where the blacklisting is falling through.