map download link to distname

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 21:33:16 UTC 2021

On 4/5/21 14:17, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2021, at 14:43, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
>
>> I'm working on updating the graphviz portfile.
>
> Huh, I thought an update had already been submitted months ago.

No, as per discussion on the ticket:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62165

(I see you made more comments there, but providing the URL in case
others are interested)

>> The new download link is:
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/graphviz/graphviz/-/package_files/8183714/download
>>
>> I can get Macports to download it by using:
>>
>> master_sites  https://gitlab.com/${name}/${name}/-/package_files/8183714
>> distfiles     download
>>
>> But the download source file is named "download". How do I rename it to the proper source file name "graphviz-2.47.0.tar.gz"? Forgive me if it is obvious, but I couldn't find this information in the documentation or an example in another Portfile.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#fetchwithgetparams
>
> However, I would expect that using the gitlab portgroup would set up the correct download URLs for you automatically. If it does not, improve the gitlab portgroup since this need is not unique to the graphviz port.

 From what I can tell, Graphviz (upstream) is not releasing their
"preferred" source package in a gitlab-typical way. Since the homepage
is also different, I was not going to use the gitlab portgroup.

I have previously observed that the github portgroup does rename the
download file from a differently named download link (e.g.,
`v1.0.tar.gz` to `projectname-1.0.tar.gz`). I looked at the github
portgroup source code and could not figure out how it does it. That is
why I am asking on the list for help.

Thanks,
Jonathan