Desolate Condition

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Mon Feb 1 17:06:54 UTC 2021

When popular software titles either get added as new ports, or when they
get a version update, maybe there should be some sort of post. For example,
I believe that LibreOffice recently got added to the ports tree, although
I'm not sure how complete of a package it is compared to the DMG installer
that is available directly from libreoffice.org; it's possible that it
might still be a work-in-progress. However, whenever one of the popular
titles reaches parity with the upstream authors' DMG installer, then we
could post something along the lines of "<software title> is now available
as an official package in MacPorts!"

I realize that what is considered a "popular software title" is very
subjective. Maybe "high visibility title" might be a more appropriate
phrase? I'm not sure. But anyway, that's my suggestion.

--
Jason Liu