Unversioned distfile cached on distfiles.macports.org

Gregory Anders greg at gpanders.com
Sat Jun 5 21:36:00 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I maintain the netdata port which includes a subport for the web
dashboard. This subport's distfile is called simply "dashboard.tar.gz",
with no version number in the name. The distfile is cached by MacPorts
at https://distfiles.macports.org/netdata. The problem I'm having is
that when I try to increment the version number of this subport MacPorts
is still downloading the distfile from distfiles.macports.org rather
than the updated file from GitHub.

What is the proper way to handle a situation like this? Can I somehow
tell MacPorts not to cache this file? Or can I add something to the
Portfile that indicates that MacPorts shouldn't try to download the
distfile from the cache?

Thanks,

Greg