Existing fix for py-scipy shared objects with incorrect @rpath/libmkl_rt.dylib?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Mar 31 19:18:28 UTC 2021

On Mar 28, 2021, at 10:30, Steven Smith wrote:

> Re: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62578
>
> Is there a python or Portfile one-liner fix for the incorrect @rpath issues in py-scipy’s shared objects?
>
> We can code up an exhaustive search of the build for all the .so's and use install_name_tool-correct to correct this, but if possible I’d like to use an existing, simpler approach.
>
> Current issue:
>
> $ python3 -c 'from scipy import special'
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/site-packages/scipy/special/__init__.py", line 633, in <module>
>   from . import _ufuncs
> ImportError: dlopen(/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/site-packages/scipy/special/_ufuncs.cpython-39-darwin.so, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/libmkl_rt.dylib
> Referenced from: /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/site-packages/scipy/special/_ufuncs.cpython-39-darwin.so
> Reason: image not found
>
> $ find /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/site-packages/scipy -type f -name '*.so' -exec fgrep -l '@rpath' {} ';' | xargs otool -L | fgrep '@rpath'
>   @rpath/libmkl_rt.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
>   @rpath/libmkl_rt.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
>>   @rpath/libmkl_rt.dylib (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)

Looks like the ticket has been closed by revbumping py-numpy.

Looks to me like libmkl_rt.dylib has been built with @rpath, and the fix would be for whatever port provides that library to be modified so that it does not build with @rpath and revbump it and any other ports that link with that library.