Freenode IRC

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Wed May 19 18:44:46 UTC 2021

On 19/05/2021 20.25, Andrew Janke wrote:
> Have you considered using ZNC or another IRC "bouncer"? It'll retain and
> replay history for you so you can get offline messages and have a
> consistent message history between computers and devices. Pretty easy to
> install if you have a Linux server somewhere, and hardly uses any resources.

I am also using ZNC myself. It definitely makes the experience with IRC
better, but the effort is shifted to the individual user. Even having
access to a server to self-host a bouncer is not common.

With RocketChat as an example, everyone gets these features out of the
box without taking additional action.

Rainer