kibana submission node version conflict issue

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 10:12:30 UTC 2021

I submitted a PR for Kibana: https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/12055 <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/12055>

The CI fails because of an issue with a conflicting dependency on the node version.

kibana needs nodejs10 to build and run, and yarn to build; therefore, I use:

> depends_build-append	yarn
> depends_lib-append	path:bin/node:nodejs10

But yarn has the run dependency on nodejs16:

> depends_run-append	path:bin/node:nodejs16

The install command tries to install both nodejs10 and nodejs16, which conflict, and the CI fails.

This can be fixed by hand by deactivating nodejs16, but we need the CI and buildbot to work automatically.

How can this node version conflict be resolved?