libchloride: Deprecate port request

Keto therealketo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 01:40:00 UTC 2023

Hey,

While attempting to update all of libsodium's dependents, I came across
several failures for libchloride - a wrapper around libsodium and its
capabilities.

The project slows down the progress of updating all ports dependent of
libsodium, as attempting to build it with the latest version of libsodium
is not possible. Given that the project has not had any updates for almost
9 years and has been archived on Github, it's safe to assume that upstream
will no longer provide support for this project. Thus the port should be
deprecated.

How MacPorts handles deprecation is still uncharted waters for me. However,
this seems to be the course of action until someone (even upstream) decides
to maintain the project for future versions of libsodium, which was a
comment made on the pull request that I made (1).

Further discussion and input is fully appreciated.

Regards,
Keto

---

1.