What has MacPorts Installed for py27-iPython?

Arno Hautala arno at alum.wpi.edu
Sat Jul 7 13:20:02 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Jamie Paul Griffin
<jimpaulgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 10:19:28AM -0400, Arno Hautala wrote:
>
>> It might be better to link into ~/local/bin or somewhere else that's
>> completely under your control.
>
> It wasn't a port though, I built pyzor from source only I used the port
> built python2.7 to build it so I can't forsee any issues there but it's a good point
> to remember none the less. Maybe i'm wrong, though?

Ah, gotcha. But, yeah, even in that case installing anything into the
MacPorts prefix that wasn't put there by MacPorts could cause problems
if MacPorts notices it. Unless you're prepared to handle whatever
issues crop up. It's just a pain when someone does something not
supported and then wants support.

arno  s  hautala    /-|   arno at alum.wpi.edu

pgp b2c9d448