MP_EDITOR doesn't work

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 08:06:33 UTC 2017

On 6 Apr 2017, at 23:10, Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org> wrote:
> Yes it works with MP_EDITOR, I just checked. You never showed the exact command you are running; are you using sudo? That will strip all environment variables that are not listed in env_keep. VISUAL and EDITOR are there in the default sudoers, but MP_EDITOR is not.

I do not sudo and I did mention the commands a couple of days ago. In my bash startup file or in any shell

export VISUAL=/opt/local/bin/vim       works
export MP_EDITOR=/opt/local/bin/vim    doesn't work

I could keep using VISUAL without knowing why MP_EDITOR doesn't work in my machines, but it puzzles me.