Is anyone successfully using lout on Sierra?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 22:50:36 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-11, at 2:14 AM, Barrie Stott wrote:

>> On 11 Aug 2017, at 09:50, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> indeed, without the full log cant tell what is wrong.
>>
>> Best, K
>
> Sorry about that. Here is the full log.
>
> Barrie.

First of all, the port appears to be building by calling gcc, which is wrong.

The error in this log seems to occur when the port binary dies while trying to initializes itself by running the following:

:info:destroot (c) Initializing run (should be silent, no errors expected)
:info:destroot /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_lout/lout/work/destroot/opt/local/bin/lout -x -s /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_lout/lout/work/destroot/opt/local/share/lout/include/init
:info:destroot make: *** [install] Abort trap: 6

Abort trap 6 has lots of references on google, e.g. <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26431147/abort-trap-6-error-in-c>

I don't have a 2 minute fix at this moment -- I think you should open a ticket here and upload all the relevant data so far.

Best,

Ken