get portfiles from all sources

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Jul 3 11:45:38 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-03 13:15, db wrote:
> I don't seem to find a way to get all portfiles from sources listed in sources.conf. In my case:
>
> file:///opt/local/myports
> file:///opt/local/var/macports/sources/github.com/macports/macports-ports/ [default]
> #rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]
>
> I thought this should have worked, but it doesn't.
>
> port file all | grep port_name

You can only use the Portfile from the first ports tree providing a port
with that name. The idea is that ports trees listed first act as an
overlay for those below.

As a side note, you can always work with a Portfile in the current
working directory when running port commands. It does not even have to
be listed in sources.conf.

Rainer