get portfiles from all sources

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Mon Jul 3 16:02:45 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-03 17:29, Ken Cunningham wrote:
> I have a local report /opt/myports, and in there have a port for PPC for libsdl2 I've been working on.
>
> Look at this:
>
> $ port search libsdl2
> libsdl2 @2.0.3 (devel, multimedia)
>     Cross-platform multi-media development API
>
> libsdl2 @2.0.5_1 (devel, multimedia)
>     Cross-platform multi-media development API

Hm, indeed. That happens when the ports have different versions.
Otherwise the list is made unique in the port client before printing
which effectively hides the problem.

I would consider this a bug in 'port search', as libsdl2 as a port
argument will always refer to the first one, so it does not make sense
to print additional results.

Could you please file a ticket in Trac for that?

Rainer