establish installed dependency not in portfile

db iamsudo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 10:31:58 UTC 2017

On 8 Oct 2017, at 22:19, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> I understand it would be useful to you.

I think others would benefit of having an estimated time to build too, for example those that upgraded to High Sierra. I don't know if the buildbots are building the binaries in alphabetical or most downloaded order.

> Note that build time on our server is not going to be the same as build time on your computer. Also I think this information would be of limited use, since most users get our binaries, so they don't care how long it took it to build.

I don't know the stats, but ports could really use some diagnostics, like analyzing dependencies and telling beforehand of any outstanding tickets (broken ports or conflicts), not installed compilers that would need to be built from source — that kind of stuff.