Is there and "rdist" for Mac?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Mar 16 12:32:27 UTC 2018

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>> What should I be using now?
>
> Possibly git.

And...

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018, Chris Jones wrote:

> Sounds to me like you are describing a git hosted software project,
> which you then clone and build where ever you need it. Each clone is its
> own repostory, which you can commit to and push back to / pull from the
> central repo (which will be, for instance, the github version).

OK, looks like I get to be a git[*] :-)  I've heard of it, but needed a
project to see what it can do; looks like I now have one...

Thanks.

[*]
Do its users know that "git" is English slang for "idiot" etc?  Just watch
any English cop show on TV if you don't believe me (yes, I'm English by
birth).