Mojave and Migration

Michael Newman mgnewman at mac.com
Tue Oct 23 09:14:48 UTC 2018

> On Oct 23, 2018, at 15:31, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
>
>> Makes me thing something went seriously wrong with restore_ports.tcl.
>
> Ok, pick one, try to install it, see what happens. If it fails, show us what the error was.

Every one I’ve picked so far has installed without any errors.

But, I just picked a few that I recognize. I have no idea what most of the stuff on the list actually is. When I see something like this:

py26-cython
py26-nose
py26-numpy
py26-setuptools
py27-beaker
py27-cairo

I’m totally ignorant.

Bottom line? There’s just no way for me to know what I actually need to install. I suspect that stuff will fail and tell me why and I’ll install what’s needed to make it work again.

Thanks again for your time.