rsyncd with macports 2.5.4 on macOS 10.13.6

Kevin Layer layer at franz.com
Wed Oct 24 14:51:19 UTC 2018

I completed removed and reinstalled macports after an upgrade to
10.13.6.  I have Xcode 10.0 installed and fully updated with the
latest Command Line Tools update.

When I installed rsync, I executed the command that was suggested by
the port command.  I forget what it was.

After a reboot, every 30 seconds, I see this in /var/log/system.log:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.macports.rsyncd[1044]): Service exited with abnormal code: 2

/opt/local/etc/rsyncd.conf is the one I've used for a while.

I looked through the mailing list archives, but didn't see anything.

Ideas?  Thanks.