Restarting from scratch on Snow Leopard

Bill Cole macportsusers-20171215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sat Mar 2 04:34:05 UTC 2019

On 1 Mar 2019, at 20:08, Ken Cunningham wrote:

>>  No network and fiddle the date?
> Sounds likely.
>
> The internet seems to have no shortage of suggestions.
>
> I can’t really say macports could or would recommend a site called
> “LIfeHacker”

It's a sibling site to Gizmodo, Jezebel, and the other remnants of what
used to be Gawker Media. It's pretty solid editorially.

> but ...
>
> https://lifehacker.com/psa-an-expired-certificate-means-youll-need-to-remake-1762704972
> <https://lifehacker.com/psa-an-expired-certificate-means-youll-need-to-remake-1762704972>
>
> has a suggestion near the bottom that would be my first try.

That links to
https://tidbits.com/2016/03/02/previously-downloaded-os-x-installers-no-longer-work/
TidBITS is the eldest of all Mac tips publishers, going back to ~1990,
so: even more reputable than LH. THAT page boils down to: spoof the date
during installation.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org