How to see Macports patches

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Mon May 6 19:36:27 UTC 2019

Hi Jeffrey,

On Sun, May 05, 2019 at 07:22:49PM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> I want to see the patches applied to Unistring
> (https://www.gnu.org/software/libunistring/). I found the package in
> search at https://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=libunistring
> . Following the "source" link to Macport's GitHub I see
> https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/blob/master/textproc/libunistring/Portfile
> , but it does not have the patches.

The Portfile that you've found will contain a 'patchfiles' directive if
patches are being applied to a port's source tree. The absence of a
'patchfiles' directive in the libunistring Portfile tells you that
MacPorts does not apply patches.

> Where can I find the patches for Unistring?

If there was a patchfiles directive, MacPorts would first look for the
patch file in a 'files' directory next to the Portfile and would
otherwise attempt to download the patches from 'patch_sites', which
defaults to 'master_sites'.

HTH,
--
Clemens