Xcode and gcc conflict: resolved soon?

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 4 16:23:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

Please always provide the exact error messages when reporting problems,
otherwise it is difficult to know exactly what you are referring. There
are a number of different issues at the moment w.r.t. Xcode 11.

That said, its probably not possible at this point to give you a
timescale when everything will be fixed with Xcode 11, partly because a
number of the issues are beyond macPorts control, and require fixes from
upstream (or perhaps even from Apple for Xcode itself).

So yes, at this point if you do not wish to have to deal with or help
fix these issues, you should downgrade Xcode back to 10.x.

Chris