latex is driving me batty -- ! Package fontspec Error: The font "DejaVu Sans" cannot be found.

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 13:17:02 UTC 2019

> This issue is supposed to be fixed in these lines:

Those lines did fix it, thank you. I was working on something parallel and ran into the DejaVu font issue. I thought my latex configuration was wrong in some way. Then I saw the workaround you put into the portfile. Changing the fontspec did work.
Googling this same error shows it comes up in other software sometimes.

Is it a Mac thing? Why do we need to do this change, but the rest of the planet does not? Rather than fix ports, I wonder if we're supposed to fix our fonts...

Ken