Terminal ^D

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Sun May 3 16:39:53 UTC 2020

> On May 3, 2020, at 08:51 , Christoph Kukulies <kuku at kukulies.org> wrote:
>
> Sorry, probably not a macports issue, but I’m asking nonetheless:
>
> When I inadvertently type ^D (CTRL-D) in a mac Terminal I’m getting a split screen. Actuallay my intention was - in old unix manner -
> to close the terminal.

Version of OS?

> How do I make this split screen go away and make the terminal behave like before?

I will hazard the guess that you keyed CMD-D, not CTRL-D.  The former splits the “pane".

Once you have a split the pane, you should see two little “pane” icons on the right side of the pane in each of the newly split ones.

Two choices: CMD-SHIFT-D will delete one; so will clicking on one of those thingies on the right.

That’s how it has worked in the past, and on my 10.13 system now.

HTH.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker