Port Application Issues (Launching Issues)

Jonathan Allen jonathant.allen at icloud.com
Sat Nov 14 23:53:56 UTC 2020

I fully installed the Mac Ports application successfully, and then once that was finished I entered “sudo port install homebank” in the command line, no errors were presented. I then went to the “MacPorts” folder in the Application Folder and didn’t see the “HomeBank” application icon in there at all, as if it wasn’t installed. I double-checked using “port info homebank” and the output stated it had been installed.

The problem is, I can’t find the application icon at all and even searched the MacPorts help pages to see if there was a “launch this application” command and didn’t see one. I am a first time MacPorts user. How do I fix this so I can launch the HomeBank application, or have it show up in the MacPorts folder of the applications folder.

If it helps, I am using the BigSur version of MacPorts.

- Jonathan