ImageMagick failure to install

VACCARI FRANCO vaccari at units.it
Wed Dec 15 11:37:35 UTC 2021

I’m configuring a new Mac Mini M1 running Mac OS 12.1 and Xcode 13.2, and installing the usual packages I need. When dealing with ImageMagick I get the following error:

mm02:~ sudo port install imagemagick
--->  Computing dependencies for ImageMagick
Error: Can't install libgcc-devel because conflicting ports are active: libgcc
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets if you believe there is a bug.
Error: Processing of port imagemagick failed
mm02:~

I believe that deactivating libgcc would break packages already installed that depend on it. Is it so, or can I deactivate libgcc and later activate it again?

Thanks

Franco