zathura install but fails with libjson.5.dylib not found

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Jun 7 21:50:17 UTC 2021

Uli Wienands wrote:
> I got zathura to install (and it rebuilt even through it seem like there
> should have been a binary). Then got the pdf -poppler plugin needed to
> actually decode pdf files.
>
> My problem is that zathura does not start up but bombs with libjson-c.5
> not found. Her is the error message. Note there is no specific log.
>
>   The error occurs early on, before X11 is fired up.
>
> ulis-mbp-2:Documents uli$ zathura
> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libjson-c.5.dylib
>    Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libgirara-gtk3.3.dylib
>    Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> I have libjson-c.3.dylib.

That would be the problem then. The current version of the json-c port
provides libjson-c.5.dylib.

As long as you're using the default ports tree, upgrading or
reinstalling json-c should sort this out. If you got into this state by
having a local json-c Portfile or manually activating an older version,
you might need to deal with that first.

- Josh