code::blocks and X11 via MacPorts: is this as it is supposed to be?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Tue Sep 14 10:48:01 UTC 2021

Hi,

code::blocks is in a dire need for some love from a developer.

There has been a release 20.03 in the meantime, but we are still
shipping 17.12 (17 stands for 2017, just in case it isn't clear).
>From what I remember wxWidgets 3.0 never worked satisfactory in that
(older) port, which is partially the reason why the +wxgtk28 variant
was left there in the port in the first place. The upstream lacks some
macOS-savy developer workforce.

(When I last touched the port, it also took forever to build it on a
2009 laptop, making it more annoying to try out various patches,
variants etc.)

It would be great if someone could try to update the port (which most
likely includes writing some potentially non-trivial patches to make
it build) and see if wxWidgets support got any better in the meantime.

Mojca