Can I use Macports for Gimp maintenance?

Lukas Oberhuber lukaso at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 13:57:30 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm the Macos maintainer/packager for Gimp and one of the problems I have
is keeping all the packages up to date, and then packaging them for
distribution as a simple installer.

I was wondering what it would take to use MacPorts as a basis for all these
packages rather than having to roll my own.

It looks like this would work very well (at least in theory), except for 1
problem.

I need packages that are compiled to be backward compatible with the 10.12
Macos SDK on intel and the 11.x SDK for Arm.

Is it possible to specify the SDK version/macos version without building on
that OS? Or am I thinking about this wrong?

Also, I would need the +quartz versions of all the packages. If those
aren't available pre-compiled, then I would need to be able to compile them
on the monterey CI server.

All builds are on a current version of MacOS but compiled against an older
version of the SDK and setting the minimum mac version to 10.12

It looks something like this:

sudo curl -L '
https://github.com/phracker/MacOSX-SDKs/releases/download/10.15/MacOSX10.12.sdk.tar.xz'
| sudo tar -xzf -
echo 'export
SDKROOT=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk' >
~/.profile
echo 'export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.12' >> ~/.profile

Thanks so much for any help!

Lukas