Catelina xcode

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 00:00:37 UTC 2022

Hi James,

> On 12 Oct 2022, at 2:46 pm, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> slightly OT for macports but definitly onT. :)
>
> My wife’s machine is Catelina (and Ends at Big Sur). It has, and I/She uses lots of ports and IIRC we have used Qt before, but when I try to build something I get the XCode license dialog. No worries, accept. "Something is wrong see the log”
> The something wrong turn out to be Certificate Expired.
> After spelunking I got an Xcode for catelina. Install. "Something is wrong see the log” Again Certificate Expired.
>
> OK I’m starting to fumble. Setting her date back for a build is like a lead balloon.
> A VM with no internet sccess ?
>
> Any body able to guide me please?
>
> James

I also have Catalina (version 10.15.7). My Xcode version is 12.4 and I have no Certificate Expired problems.

I have not used Xcode for a month or two on this machine, so am not sure how well my version is working, but it was certainly OK with MacPorts back then.

Maybe you need to change your version of Xcode(?).

Caveat: Version 12 of Xcode is huge in download time, install time and disk space occupied, so tread carefully.

Cheers, Ian W.