Cannot build DOSBOX

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Mon Sep 19 04:39:46 UTC 2022

Sigh; it never rains but it pours...

Trying to build DOSBOX I get:

    --->  Computing dependencies for dosbox
    Error: Cannot install dosbox for the arch 'i386' because
    Error: its dependency libsdl does not build for the required arch by default
    Error: and the configured universal_archs '' are not sufficient.

macports.conf:

    # Space-delimited list of CPU architectures to target when building
    # universal. Defaults to "i386 ppc" on Mac OS X 10.5 and earlier,
    # "x86_64 i386" on Mac OS X 10.6 through macOS 10.13, "x86_64" on
    # macOS 10.14 and 10.15 (these SDKs are not universal), and
    # "arm64 x86_64" on macOS 11 and later. Set an empty value to disable
    # universal building.
    #universal_archs        x86_64 i386
    universal_archs

Should I hardwire it to those?  I ain't likely to use PPC etc.

I vaguely remember seeing the same thing with WINE and was going to
report it.

-- Dave