Problem with binutils

Christoph Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Mon Aug 7 07:13:38 UTC 2023

Hi,

I was trying to sudo port install binutils and got this:

$ sudo port install binutils
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for binutils
--->  Fetching archive for binutils
--->  Attempting to fetch binutils-2.39_1.darwin_20.x86_64.tbz2 from https://packages.macports.org/binutils
--->  Attempting to fetch binutils-2.39_1.darwin_20.x86_64.tbz2.rmd160 from https://packages.macports.org/binutils
--->  Installing binutils @2.39_1
--->  Activating binutils @2.39_1
Error: Failed to activate binutils: Image error: /opt/local/include/ansidecl.h is being used by the active gdb port.  Please deactivate this port first, or use 'port -f activate binutils' to force the activation.
    while executing
"throw registry::image-error $msg"
    ("foreach" body line 47)
    invoked from within
"foreach file $imagefiles {
                set srcfile "${extracted_dir}${file}"

                # To be able to install links, we test if we can lst..."
    invoked from within
"registry::write {
            foreach file $imagefiles {
                set srcfile "${extracted_dir}${file}"

                # To be able to instal..."
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_devel_binutils/binutils/main.log for details.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets if you believe there is a bug.
Error: Processing of port binutils failed
$

How can I get around?

--
Christoph