How to target older macOS version

Andreas Falkenhahn andreas at falkenhahn.com
Sat Aug 19 14:12:47 UTC 2023

Hi,

I've installed MacPorts on a macOS 13 system but I'd like to build programs
that run on all systems that have at least macOS 11. That's why I run gcc
with the -mmacosx-version-min=11.0 argument. This, however, leads to warnings
of the following kind during linking:

    ld: warning: dylib (/opt/local/lib/libfreetype.dylib) was built for newer macOS version (13.0) than being linked (11.0)
    ...more similar warnings for other dylibs installed by MacPorts...

Is there any way to install the dylibs for macOS 11.0 on a macOS 13 system
or how am I supposed to build MacPorts programs on macOS 13 that run on older
macOS versions as well?

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                          mailto:andreas at falkenhahn.com