How to target older macOS version

Lukas Oberhuber lukaso at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 16:17:11 UTC 2023

This is exactly what I do to build GIMP. It’s not easy and sometimes things
fight against you. In order to lead a comfortable life, you should link
against the 11 sdk as well. Otherwise it’s up to you to detect which sdk at
runtime and gracefully degrade. This is possible for your own code but not
going to work for most libraries. I think python does it but not much else
that’s cross platform.

If you want to see how GIMP is doing it, it’s all available at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/gimp-macos-build