moar (better than less) conflicts with moarVM (needed for Raku)

Kenneth Wolcott kennethwolcott at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 20:07:56 UTC 2023

Hi Austin;

  That's great news to hear, but it still seems to be in conflict with
MoarVM even after a self-update.  Perhaps there is something else that
I need to do in addition to the self-update?

Thanks,
Ken

date; sudo port -v selfupdate
Tue Dec  5 12:05:04 PST 2023
Password:
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync

Willkommen auf dem RSYNC-server auf ftp.fau.de.
Nicht all unsere Mirror sind per rsync verfuegbar.

Welcome to the RSYNC daemon on ftp.fau.de.
Not all of our mirrors are available through rsync.

receiving file list ... done
./

sent 66 bytes  received 98 bytes  46.86 bytes/sec
total size is 114272768  speedup is 696785.17
MacPorts base version 2.8.1 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.8.1 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
Synchronizing local ports tree from
rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar

Willkommen auf dem RSYNC-server auf ftp.fau.de.
Nicht all unsere Mirror sind per rsync verfuegbar.

Welcome to the RSYNC daemon on ftp.fau.de.
Not all of our mirrors are available through rsync.

receiving file list ... done
./

sent 68 bytes  received 99 bytes  66.80 bytes/sec
total size is 123787264  speedup is 741241.10
Creating port index in
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports

Total number of ports parsed: 0
Ports successfully parsed: 0
Ports failed: 0
Up-to-date ports skipped: 37585

--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
  port upgrade outdated
~: port list | grep -i moar
MoarVM                         @2023.06        lang/MoarVM
moar                           @1.18.5         textproc/moar
~: port installed | grep -i moar
  moar @1.16.1_0
  moar @1.18.1_0
  MoarVM @2022.07_1
  MoarVM @2022.12_0
  MoarVM @2023.02_0
  MoarVM @2023.04_0
  MoarVM @2023.06_0
  MoarVM @2023.06_1 (active)
~: sudo port -v -s install moar
--->  Computing dependencies for moar.
Error: Can't install moar because conflicting ports are active: MoarVM
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets if you
believe there is a bug.
Error: Processing of port moar failed