anyone use OpenVPN or WireGuard on OS X 10.9.5?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 18:40:41 UTC 2023

On Saturday December 09 2023 12:26:05 Steven Smith wrote:

>Yes, I used OpenVPN. For a decent configuration, see:

After trying several GUI wrappers in their legacy version for 10.9 which all failed with similar errors I discovered that OpenVPN2 can take the configuration files that you can download from ProtonVPN after setting up an account (even a free one). It does need the kext installed through port:tuntaposx and you need to execute the command as root. That's probably where the convenience wrappers fail.

>I rely on Tunnelblick to manage the connection. I’ve tried to migrate the Tunnelblick build to MacPorts, without any success:

The currently available sources require a pretty new OS version to build, IIRC.

R.