Questions on postfix

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 23:01:21 UTC 2023

There’s a mail-server port that configures MacPorts postfix/dovecot/rspamd/… and other tools to create a working mail server largely based on the old MacOS Server.app mail server, complete with a functional PKI and fast solr-based mail searches. Even APNS push notifications still work to Mail and and Calendar if you can boot up an old MacOS Server and request the necessary Apple certs.

I’d recommend taking a look at the basic configuration and modifying it to your specific server and network requirements. A port install will not overwrite existing configuration files.